Hello

Have a Nice Day

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Republican Convention

I probably won't be writing much on politics, but it'll come up every now and then.

I been watching the Republican convention on my computer, and I must comment. Fred Thompson, who's charge was to talk about John McCain's service to the country, made sure to go into graphic detail about McCain's experience as a POW in Vietnam. He talked about McCain's suffering, about Viet-cong beating him. "Look at the horrible things this man has gone through for his country at the hands of a foriegn people, look how he was noble all through it," he seemed to be saying. Granted, McCain has come out strongly against torture, and I respect him for it. But to bring that up in a general Republican gathering, when this party and their leader have supported exactly the same sort of actions against others (or worse, McCain was not waterboarded, I don't think), is weak, and hypocritical.

And, by the way, "Country First" is a slogan that embodies why I dislike Republican propaganda. It imples that if you don't agree with McCain you are not patriotic. Just like the Bush administration did with anyone who quesitoned the war on terror. I have only one thing to say: U...S...A, U.S.A, U.S.A!

No comments: